Tylosin is a macrolide antibiotic. It is effective against most grampositive and some gram-negative bacteria, including Streptococcus
spp., Staphylococcus spp., Corynebacterium spp., Clostridium spp.,
Pasteurella spp, Erysipelothrix spp., Fusiformis spp., Spirochaeta spp.,
Chalmydia spp., Treponema chiodysenteriae and Mycoplasma spp.
After a single injection of Tylanic®, the therapeutic concentration
persists for at least 20 hours.
Tylosin is excreted primarily in the bile and to a lesser extent in the
urine and milk.
• treatment of bronchopneumonia in cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, cats and dogs
• treatment of enzootic pneumonia, arthritis, dysentery, atrophic rhinitis in pigs
• treatment of contagious agalactia in sheep and goats
• treatment of mastitis in cattle
• treatment and prevention of secondary infections during viral diseases.
1 ml of 5% and 20% solution for injection contains active substance: 50 or 200 mg of tylosin respectively; excipients: propylene glycol, benzyl alcohol and water for injection.
The drug is administered intramuscularly once a day for 3-5 day at the following doses
• cattle – 4-10 mg/kg bw
• pigs – 2-10 mg/kg bw
• sheep and goats – 5-10 mg/kg bw
• cats and dogs – 2-10 mg/kg bw.