(medetomidine hydrochloride) solution
SEDAMIDIN® is used in cats and dogs as a sedative and analgesic to facilitate surgical procedures and various clinical examinations, to reduce anxiety and fear related to noise, stress, transportation, etc.
SEDAMIDIN® is a potent non-narcotic alpha 2-adrenergic receptor agonist which inhibits the release of noradrenaline, blocks the startle reflex and thus counteracts agitation. It is recommended to use the drug before injection anesthesia and (or) inhalation anesthesia.
1 ml of SEDAMIDIN® contains:
Active substance – 1 mg of medetomidine hydrochloride;
Excipients – sodium chloride, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propylparahydroxybenzoate and water for injection.
SEDAMIDIN® is administered by the following routes:
Dogs – intramuscularly, intravenously or subcutaneously;
Cats – intramuscularly or subcutaneously.
To achieve sedation and analgesia, the drug is used at the following doses:
• dogs – 0.1-0.8 ml of the drug per 10 kg bw, which is equivalent to 10-80 mcg of medetomidine per 1 kg bw;
• cats – 0.05-0.15 ml of the drug per 1 kg bw, which is equivalent to 50-150 mcg of medetomidine per 1 kg bw;
• Oral administration requires the following doses:
• dogs – 0.1-0.5 ml of the drug per 10 kg bw, which is equivalent to 10-50 mcg of medetomidine per 1 kg bw;
• cats – 0.05-0.3 ml of the drug per 5 kg bw, which is equivalent to 5-30 mcg of medetomidine per 5 kg bw.