Toltrax® 5% is an anticoccidial drug. Toltrazuril has broadspectrum anticoccidial activity. It is effective against Isospora suis,
Eimeria arloingi, Eimeria scabra, Eimeria guevarai, Eimeria bovis, Eimeria
zuernii, Eimeria alabamensis and other Coccidia affecting piglets,
lambs, goatlings, calves rabbits and puppies. Toltrazuril inhibits
respiratory enzymes, acts against mitochondria, violates nuclear
fission, thereby disrupting the formation of macrogametocytes. It
causes death of parasites.
After oral administration, toltrazuril is slowly absorbed in the
gastrointestinal tract and has its anticoccidial effect in the mucous and submucous membranes. Toltrazuril is partially metabolized to
sulfone and sulfoxide derivatives.
Toltrazuril is metabolized and excreted intact (70%) mainly in the
feces and partially in the urine.
Toltrax® 5% is used for treatment and prevention of coccidiosis in piglets, lambs, goatlings, calves, rabbits and puppies.
1 ml contains 50 mg of toltrazuril and excipients – up to 1 ml.
Toltrax® 5% is administered to piglets, lambs, goatlings, calves rabbits and puppies individually or to groups at the following doses:
• piglets (from the age of 3 days): once, at a dose of 0.4 ml of the suspension per 1 kg bw, but not less than 0.5 ml and not more than 2 ml per animal:
• calves (from the age of 5 days): once, at a dose of 3 ml of the suspension per 10 kg bw:
• lambs and goatlings (from the age of 2 weeks): once, at a dose of 4 ml of the suspension per 10 kg bw;
• rabbits (from the age of 4 weeks): once, at a dose of 0.14 ml of the suspension per 1 kg bw;
• puppies (from the age of 12 days): at a dose of 0.2 ml of the suspension per 1 kg bw, once a day for 3 days.